Locomotives and Rolling Stock
at Evesham Vale Light Railway 

0-4-0 Tender/Tank No 312 ‘St. Egwin'

0-4-0 Tender/Tank No 312 ‘St. Egwin' was constructed new for Steve Bell by Exmoor Steam Railway at Bratton Fleming, Devon. Delivered in July 2003.

St Egwin has had its first steam test since the boiler returned from being repaired, we aim to release it into traffic at our gala on the 8th & 9th July.

Photo by Adrian Corke

Exmoor Steam Railway No. 300 'Monty'

Exmoor Steam Railway Locomotive No.300 of 1996.

It was supplied new to the Markeaton Park Railway in Derbyshire and named "Markeaton Lady". 
The locomotive has had a full rebuild including a new boiler and wheels and axles.

The name Monty is named after Simon De Montfort was defeated at the Battle of Evesham in 1265.

Currently in service on the EVLR

Photo by Adrian Corke

0-6-2 No 3 ‘Dougal'

0-6-2 No 3 ‘Dougal' Built by Severn Lamb of Stratford-on-Avon in 1970, to a design by
David Curwen for Longleat Safari Park.
Purchased for the EVLR in November 2004. Rebuilt in 2009 with a larger boiler and tender.
Owned by Martin Shepherd of Rowington

Currently in service on the EVLR.

CROMWELL

Is a Ruston class LBU built in 1960 number 452280

Rebuilt and regauged by Alan Keef Ltd in 1985 from 2' gauge supplied to Littlecote Railway in Wiltshire

Purchased by Jim & Helen Shackell in 1996, on loan to Markeaton Park Railway 1997 to 2003

Rebuilt 2004-6 re entered service on the EVLR in 2010

Currently in service on the EVLR

Sludge

Info about Sludge

2 Balcony Carriages & Brake/Saloon Carriages

2 Balcony Carriages & Brake/Saloon Carriages Built by John Ellerton for his ‘Reseau Guerledan Chemin de Fer Touristique' railway in Brittany, France in 1978.

Relocated to the Fairbourne Railway in Wales

Purchased by Jim & Helen Shackell in June 1996.

Currently in service on the EVLR.

 

 

2 First Class Saloon Carriages​

2 First Class Saloon Carriages bult by John Ellerton for his 'Reseau Guerledan

Carriage No. 7

Closed saloon bogie coach. Built c1978 for Reseau Guerledan Chemin de Fer Touristique' railway in Brittany, France in 1978. This coach was stored unused at the Fairbourne Railway until purchased in 1997. Originally had doors in just one side. doors fitted to second side (taken from donor Fairbourne coach) in 1999.

Entered service at EVLR in August 2002.

Carriage No. 6

Closed saloon bogie coach. Built c1978 for Reseau Guerledan Chemin de Fer Touristique' railway in Brittany, France in 1978. This coach was stored unused at the Fairbourne Railway until purchased by the Bure Valley Railway.

Carriage No 7, rebuilt from 2 coaches purchased by Adrian & Sandra Corke in June 2016 from the Bure Valley Railway in Norfolk.

Rebuilt using the components of both coaches to create No.6 Originally had doors in just one side. doors fitted to second side (taken from donor Fairbourne coach) in 2017.

Currently in service on the EVLR.

Disabled Access Coach

Built new in 2005 to match the existing coaches with access for 2 wheelchairs and a compartment for the Guard.

3-car semi open Articulated Set

3-car semi open Articulated Set Built by Alfred Hope & Co., Wolverhampton in 1952 for use on the Fairbourne Miniature Railway.

Bought by Jim & Helen Shackell in June 1996.

Currently in service on the EVLR.

Photo by Helen Shackell

The Biscuit Track Maintenance Vehicle

Built by Mike Eddy, as a machine to access the railway
quickly, it is equipped with a detachable wheel to allow it to be moved like a wheel barrow!

The biscuit is fitted with a side valve Villiers engine with separate 3 speed gearbox, which means it has an impressive turn of speed.

Currently in service on the EVLR

Bike

Info about Bike